The residential and business building built in 1892 by Julius Tückmantel is one of the most beautiful and one of the last listed buildings in the Solingen city centre. It is located right on the city-centre Market Square and at the bus station and dominates the city landscape.
Taking extensive measures for its structural renovation, in 2008 the owner family of Siegfried Lapawa restored the facade and roof back to their original condition with great attention to detail. In the course of the renovation, a dilapidated business premises adjacent to the Tradition House will be replaced in future with a modern building with a natural stone facade and lots of glass.
Shop units will be created on the ground floor here in compliance with the preservation order along with doctors’ and dentists’ surgeries, office and residential units on the upper floors, high-quality premises with various floor-plans.
On 2nd August 2011 a new branch of Kamps opens in the Tradition House.