The SILAG concern relocated its Head Office and other storage and handling activities to Langenfeld in 2007 in the course of its expansion. Today, 80% of the value creation of the SILAG Company is produced at the Langenfeld site. The remaining 20% is distributed between Solingen, Sonnefeld near Coburg, and Mülheim.
The core business of the SILAG concern is trade in consumer goods for everyday needs. In particular, the SILAG concern supplies retail and well-known national and international wholesale companies as well as discounters and industry. In so doing, SILAG offers concepts which ensure for customers better marketing of their products. Both SILAG and their customers benefit from this. The improvement in margins is a win-win situation for both sides. The SILAG concern’s decision to strengthen its strategic position in the market through acquisitions has also borne fruit in recent years.
This is especially clear in the development in the range of items. In the past it was 300 items and today there are more than 3,500 that have penetrated the markets. The business report for 2008 shows that the SILAG concern has announced new records. The importance of independence in the financial sector, especially in times of credit and financial crisis, is shown by both the German Federal Bank’s decision of SILAG’s credit-worthiness for the 9th time in succession and also by the fact that the company’s policy considers liquidity as having the highest priority in business activities. This contributes crucially to securing the success of the company and shaping financeable future growth, especially in 2008 but also still today.
The entire SILAG Board thanks its customers, suppliers, service providers, employees and the City of Langenfeld for their successful collaboration in the past and is certain that this will continue into the future. The support the company enjoyed through Langenfeld’s active business development reduced losses from friction connected with the relocation to Langenfeld, and established the company as a permanent feature on the A3, and not just for motorists.Fakten aus dem Geschäftsjahr 2008